Frequently Asked Questions - Village of Dewberry

Q: When is the landfill open?
A: The landfill site is open Thursdays from 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm
unless otherwise posted.

Q: Where can you obtain County of Vermilion Maps?
A: County maps can be obtained from the County office in Kitscoty Alberta.

Q: Does the Village office carry County of Vermilion Maps?
A: No the Village does not carry County of Vermilion Maps

Q: I am a new resident how do I get utilities moved into my name?
A: Residents are asked to come to the Village office to have the utility account put in their name.
They are required to give billing information, contact information and a security deposit.
Utilities for the Village - Water Sewer and Garbage.

Q: I have recently purchased a new puppy, how do I go about getting him a Village dog license?
A: Residents are asked to come to the Village office to get their dogs registered. Tags issued are valid for 1 year when the
resident would need to come in and renew.  For information on costs and the restricted dog list please contact the Village office.

Q: I will be away for an extended period of time. Can I have my water service disconnected?
A: Please contact the Village office for more information. Some charges may apply.

Q: I have a concern I would like addressed by the Village Council, how do I go about doing that?
A: You would supply a letter at least 1 week in advance of the next Village Council Meeting stating your concern. This letter would
then be added to the agenda package and you would be invited to attend the Council Meeting.

Q: Can I park in the back alley?
A: No, Vehicles and trailers are not allowed to be parked in back alleys.

Q: Can my dog be off leash in the Village of Dewberry?
A: All dogs within the Village of Dewberry must be kept on a leash when off their own property. The Village
of Dewberry retains the services of an Animal Control Officer to partrol for animals running at large.
Fines apply to animals running at large or are unlicensed.

Q: When is the Dewberry Valley Museum open to visitors?
A: The Museum is open to visitors during normal business hours of the Village Office. After hour appt can be
scheduled with the Museum Curator.

Q: What is the postal code for the Village of  Dewberry?
A: Postal code for the Village of Dewberry is T0B 1G0

Q: How does the Village of Dewberry handle trash collection
A: The Village of Dewberry as of July 31 2015 will be contracting  the trash collection needs of the  Village residents
to Quik Pick Waste Disposal. Pickup is on designated days, garbage cans must be at the roadside by 7:00am to ensure

Q : I've seen water flowing from a fire hydrant but not a fire in sight?
A: What you are probably seeing is a Unidirectional Flushing Service (UDF)
UDF or Unidirectional Flushing Service is the guiding of water in a single direction through the pipes by
systematically closing valves and releasing it through fire hydrants.
The flushing goes from largest mains to smallest mains and the cleanest mains to dirtier mains. This ensures
dirty water is not being pushing into clean pipes, and that the pressure stays high.

Q: I want to do some digging etc on my property who do I contact?
A: Alberta One Call