Election 2017

Normination Date : September 18 2017
Election Date: Monday October 16 2017

Consider running for council???

Time Commitment:

A 4 year term.

Council usually meetings twice a month, but there are other time demands outside the
council chamber walls. While servicing a term, councillors are required to:

  1. Serve on municipal boards as council representatives
  2. Attend conferences and seminars for training and discussion
  3. Attend social events promoting the Village
  4. Spend time reading material, conversing with residents, coordinating with the CAO and  preparing for meetings.

What will you do???
Members of council are given the power to significantly influence the future of their community. This
power depends on the individuals ability to persuade other members of council to adopt particular
views and to shape and establish policy for the municipality, with all decisions made at public meetings.

New Required Training for Council
If you are elected to Council, you must attend mandatory council training.
Book your calender for November 27 & 28 in Vermilion.
The Course is divided into five modules as follows:


You must be:
You are not eligible if:
  1. Check out Alberta Municipal Affairs " Running for Municipal Office in Alberta: A Guide to Prospective Candidates at :