Normination Date : September 18 2017
Election Date: Monday October 16 2017
Consider running for council???
A 4 year term.
Council usually meetings twice a month, but there are other time demands outside the
council chamber walls. While servicing a term, councillors are required to:
- Serve on municipal boards as council representatives
- Attend conferences and seminars for training and discussion
- Attend social events promoting the Village
- Spend time reading material, conversing with residents, coordinating with the CAO and preparing for meetings.
What will you do???
Members of council are given the power to significantly influence the future of their community. This
power depends on the individuals ability to persuade other members of council to adopt particular
views and to shape and establish policy for the municipality, with all decisions made at public meetings.
You must be:
You are not eligible if:
- At least 18 years of age
- A Canadian Citizen
- Must have been a resident of the Village for six consecutive months preceding nomination day
- You are a Village employee
- Your property taxes are more than $50 in arrears, or
- You are in default, for more than 90 days, for any other debt in excess of $500 to the Village
- Check out Alberta Municipal Affairs " Running for Municipal Office in Alberta: A Guide to Prospective Candidates at :